Sunday 29 January 2012


What kind of institution might distribute your magazine and why?

The type of institution that might distribute my magazine would be National Magazines due to its lack of music magazines currently distributed by them. The genre I have chosen there are no magazines based on them at this current date therefore this will be a new, fresh approach rather than using IPC Media or Bauer Media who distribute ‘Kerrang!’, ‘NME’ and ‘Q’. Nat Mags tend are known for distributing lifestyle or fashion magazines such as ‘Cosmopolitan’, ‘Esquire’ and ‘Company’ and because of the success and originality of these magazines, may appeal to my magazine as it is aimed at a specific audience, therefore a larger chance that it will be distributed correctly attracting the largest amount of people, including people who are outside my target audience.
            In addition, I feel Nat Mags is appropriate for my magazine is the fact the scene I have chosen is still upcoming and original compared to the other magazines out there, therefore they can generate the most sales over a long period of time as they would be distributing the ‘original’ Bass Music magazine, therefore able to ensure the marketing campaign is stable and the budget is suitable to ensure that most of my target audience are covered and approached in one way or another. Furthermore, Nat Mags are known to distribute magazines for both genders, some being more gender specific than others, which will ensure both genders will be able to relate with my magazine. I think Nat Mags would benefit by distributing my magazine as it would bring in a complete different target audience as to what their current magazines appeal to at this moment in time.
            Lastly, I think Nat Mags would be suitable distributers for this type of magazine is that they have taken risks with other independent magazines before and they have all paid off, displaying that they have the experience to work with what they’ve got and know how to distribute it successfully. This is projected by the amount of success they have generated with other magazines over the years. Therefore my magazine will also have an advantage over other magazines starting out, leading to a greater success rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment