Monday 10 October 2011

Diary Entry Number One
Week Beginning 12/9/2011
Week Ending 19/9/2011
In my first week of AS media, I was asked to create a front cover and contents page for a school-based magazine using pervious skills and gaining more skills on Adobe Photoshop CS3. I found this easy as I did GCSE media where we had to do a similar project creating a magazine front page, contents page and double page spread, as well as previous skills on Photoshop. I am excited about beginning my task. As my new Media project commences I hope to achieve and learn more skills than I did throughout GCSE, as well as applying my old skills to the new project.


Diary Entry Number Two
Week Beginning 19/9/2011
Week Ending 26/9/2011
This week for my Media Studies AS Level, I had to analyse three front covers and three contents pages. This started off easy as I only had to find images to annotate, although I found it difficult remembering every single theory and all the key terms to annotate the pages. If we hadn’t completed these, we were asked to complete them for homework. I had trouble accessing them due to the fact they were on the school servers, which I was unable to access from home, although I managed to retrieve the document and finish the task.


Diary Entry Number Three
Week Beginning 26/9/2011
Week Ending 3/10/2011
This week we were given a similar task to the week before except this week we had to evaluate double page spreads to gain an understanding of how they work in music magazines as well as getting ideas to incorporate into our own work. I found this relatively easy as the task from the week before had refreshed my brain a little, although I felt as if I was still lacking detail and not completing the task as fully as I would have liked. I think I will edit the analyses when I have a bit of spare time to catch up on school work. Again, we were assigned to finish these for homework, and again I had the same problem as the week before, although I did still manage to finish them all for the Monday lesson.


Diary Entry Number Four
Week Beginning 3/10/2011
Week Ending 10/10/2011
This weeks task was to log onto a website called Prezi (prezi.com), which is an online version of PowerPoint, except with a lot more perks and makes it a lot more interesting to watch and interact with. I used Prezi to explain the Codes and Conventions of Music Magazine. I found this very straight forward, and answered questions that I created in my mind. Although this was probably not the best solution and yet again, I feel as if it was too vague. Once I have completed all my design work, as that is where I am most likely to finish early, as well as having a high standard of work, I will return and polish up these word documents to make sure they are on the same level as my designs.


Diary Entry Number Five
Week Beginning 10/10/2011
Week Ending 17/10/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment